Sunday 22 February 2015

An Off Week and Testing Eligible Batchelors

Bonjourno!

First of all, lots of apologies for not updating too often, it's half term and as a teaching assistant, it's the only time off I get! I've had probably the most horrendous week SW wise - not on plan at all. It's all down to being away from home, visiting my family means I can't cook for myself and I didn't think they would appreciate me cooking them a syn free meal. I've also had a lot of meals out - it was Valentine's Day just before half term, meaing a gorgeous romantic meal.. full of hidden syns! I tried to keep it fairly healthy, but then I thought, screw it.

Half term was pretty eventful, driving for 5 hours down to Canterbury to see my sister, niece and nephew. I started out so healthy by taking a pasta and sauce for the drive, but ended the day with a creamy pork pasta in the hotel,, with garlic bread! We also had a cheeky Frankie and Benny's as well as a Toby Carvery, the latter of which was definitely the healthier option.

I've also come to the conclusion this week that it's okay to have a bad week, it's not like I've given up on the plan or anything, but life does happen. People can't expect you to be on a diet for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I know any weight that I will inevitably put on this week will be lost within a couple of weeks of being back on the plan. I won't let a gain put me off track, but I also won't let Slimming World control my life. As of Friday I was straight back on plan, but I have to admit, it was nice to not count syns for a few days.

Anyway, when I checked my cupboard when I came back (not a lot there after 4 days away) I discovered that the only Pasta 'n' Sauce in my cupboard which I thought was syn free, actually wasn't. I thought that ALL pasta n sauce was free if you made them without milk and butter, but apparently not! So, I've put together this little diagram so that none of you get tricked into thinking you're eating syn free when  you're actually not.



I was eating the tomato, onion and herb one religiously as I was convinced that it was free, when it actually has one of the highest syn values. These syn values are when the pastas are made with just water, no added butter or milk.

Please comment below if you would like a Batchelor's Super Rice syn diagram, or any other brand I would be happy to do.

Enjoy!
Ciao 
x

2 comments:

  1. Just noticed that the tomato onion and herb is listed in both free and the syn section of your photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i saw that once it was up! i will change it :)

    ReplyDelete